As mentioned below, I'm reposting some old LJ entries to get things started. This one is from Nov. 16th, 2007.
================================
I was raised Presbyterian, but aside from weddings and funerals, I haven't attended any sort of religious observance since 1988. Tonight I went to Shabbat service.
A number of times, I found myself thinking "ok, what just happened?" Id been to a Latin mass once, and didn't understand that either. But I guess the important part is that most of the congregation did. (Of particular note was that the half-dozen children were out-singing the adults, and in harmony.)
It so happened that there were also some comparative religion students there on what I guess you'd call a field trip. After the service, I kibbitzed in the Q&A with the students and a couple of the members and found that to be most informative.
Tomorrow is the Basic Judaism class. I should make a list of things to ask.
Mmmmmm. There's some bean and barley stew in the crock pot for tomorrow. Smells yummy.
The Only Thing Louder than the Talking Is the Silence
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment